86. Posting Lab - stationary and online workshops
Join us for the 86th Posting Lab, which will take place on Thursday 15 June. The workshop will be hosted by Marek Benio, PhD. in a hybrid format. For the stationary part, we invite you to Krakow to the conference room located at 3 Bernardyńska Street, just outside the Wawel Castle itself.
The workshop is aimed at practitioners deciding on the amount and components of remuneration for posted workers, HR and payroll specialists in companies providing services in another Member State, officials controlling, inter alia, the basis of assessment for social security contributions and the basis of assessment for income tax, lawyers, tax advisors, business advisors and researchers and popularisers in the field of freedom to provide services in the EU.
11:30 Coffee and fruits
12:00 Posting Lab
14:00 Participant questions and discussion
Workshop based on examples from, inter alia, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Sweden
- Principles for determining the rates of remuneration of posted workers depending on the industry and the place where the services are performed,
- Net or gross rate on the contract?
- Posting allowance vs. per diem (or equivalent),
- Determination of income for the purposes of public levies
- Determining the basis for social security contributions, in particular for an incomplete month of work
- Deduction of travel and accommodation expenses (!)
- Accounting for business travel expenses in the host country
- Components to be included in the required salary rates and benefits paid in addition to salary
- When do fringe benefits constitute income for contribution or tax purposes
- Consequences of incorrect calculation of wages, contributions, taxes – Who is liable? What sanctions? In which country?
Marek Benio, PhD. - lawyer and economist. Co-founder and Vice-President of the European Institute for Work Mobility. Academic teacher. Expert on the posting of workers under the freedom to provide services in the EU.
The 86th Posting Lab will be held in a hybrid format on Thursday 15 June from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Those who decide to take part in a stationary format are welcome to come to Krakow, 3 Bernardyńska St. The number of places is limited.
The cost of participation in the Workshop is 300 PLN net for Ordinary Members and employees of Supporting Members and 750 PLN net for non-members. Academics interested in the topic of employee delegation and public administration employees can take part in the Workshop free of charge.
We are waiting for applications until 10 June. Please send them to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with a note as to whether you intend to participate stationary or online on the zoom platform.
As always, we encourage discussion and questions. Questions sent in advance of the event will be answered first.