88th Posting Lab - online workshop
Join us for the 88th Posting Lab, which will take place on Thursday 31 August. The Posting Lab is designed for those new to posting. The same workshop was held on 20 July, so we welcome those who were unable to sign up due to the holiday period.
Labour mobility is not the same as worker mobility and a posted worker is rarely in a posting. Whenever an employee or contractor crosses an internal EU border for work purposes, it is necessary to resolve conflicts between the different legal systems. Under which rules do we calculate his or her working time, and especially overtime, when the weekly norm is 40 hours in one Member State, 35 hours in another, and 48 hours in yet another? Where do we pay social security contributions and at what rate and on what basis? Whether and where to make advance payments of income tax? How to determine the components and the amount of remuneration? Light form, lots of examples, Q&A.
- Freedom to provide services in relation to other treaty freedoms. Labour mobility, mobility of workers
- Posting of workers and business travel
- Employment law - free choice and its limitations. Enforceable provisions (basic directive) - terms and conditions of employment - pay, allowances, per diems - posting of contractors
- Posting employer's obligations - public law (notification of posting, appointment of contact person, translation and retention of documents) - private law (information towards the employee, addendum vs. departure order)
- Long-term posting - 12 months and extension to 18 by notification to host country - calculation of posting periods, cumulative posting - extended catalogue of terms and conditions of employment
- Social security - Principle of single legislation - Determination of the applicable legislation - lex loci laboris (migrant worker) - Continuation of subjection (posted person) - Residence or establishment of the employer (work in two or more Member States
- Social security pitfalls - early submission, - substitution - limitation to 24 months - marginal work - failure to perform scheduled work
The 88th Posting Lab will take place in an online format on the zoom platform on Thursday 31 August from 12:00 to 15:00.
The cost of participation in the Workshop is free of charge for Ordinary Members and employees of Supporting Members, public administration employees and academics interested in the topic of delegation. For non-Association members who apply to participate, the cost of participation is 499 PLN net.
We are waiting for applications until 24 August. Please send them to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, we encourage discussion and questions. Questions sent in advance of the event will be answered first.